St. Joseph participates in the Samaritan's Table program. We provide a meal the first (1st) Thursday each month at Kimball Memorial Lutheran Church, 101 Vance Street, Kannapolis. All are welcome to the meal. If you would like to help serve or clean up, please be at Kimball by 5:30 pm. Dinner is served from 6:00 pm till 6:45 pm.
History behind Samaritan's Table
Samaritan's Table was established in 2005 to assist struggling families in Kannapolis who are trying to hold on to their homes, support additional family members in their household, or maintain their essential household and medical expenses. The program provides an evening meal and warm fellowship opportunities that help families stretch their household income, improve nutritional intake, enjoy social interaction and receive much needed encouragement.
SAMARITANS TABLE SCHEDULE:
First Baptist Church
101 N. Main St. Kannapolis
New Piney Grove Outreach
223 Gay Street, Kannapolis
Trinity United Methodist Church
416 E. 1st St. Kannapolis
Kimball Lutheran Church
101 Vance St. Kannapolis
- Secure Host Churches that will provide year round access to their facility for consistency.
- Assist Host Churches in connecting with groups that wish to participate in the ministry by directing churches and organizations in the community to the Samaritan's Table Host Church Coordinators.
- Coordinate and distribute information regarding ministry outcomes and accomplishments.
- Provide experiential guidance for participating churches.
-Share surplus items with the community through Samaritan's Table Ministries
Host Church Role:
- Provide an evening Host or Hostess one night each week.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for members of the community to come and enjoy a nutritious meal and warm fellowship.
- Provide access to kitchen for Supporting Churches to bring a prepared meal and serve to guests. (may include warming food, washing dishes, etc.)
- Establish and communicate basic guidelines for use of your church location.
- Ensure an evening devotion and blessing.
Support Church Role:
- Sign up in advance for a regular time to provide the evening meal.
- Confirm the expected number of guests being served.
- Assign an individual to provide the devotion and blessing.
- Arrive thirty minutes before time to serve.
- Bring along an adequate number of people to serve.
- Be familiar with and observe the Host church guidelines.
- Clean up- leaving the facility as it was found.
- Leave the facility in a timely manner.
Meals are served at 6:00 pm
Contact Christine DePascale for more information on volunteering for this program.