As Catholics we believe in the sanctity of life from conception to natural death. Therefore, we at St. Joseph's Parish strive to respectfully promote and participate in activities that are geared towards defending the life and dignity of every human being, especially the most vulnerable, the unborn.
Prayer for Life in Honor of Mother Teresa
Father of Life, You always defend the poor and oppressed.
In Mother Teresa of Calcutta,
You raised up a voice for the voiceless
And a friend to the poorest of the poor, the unborn child.
She brought women away from the despair of abortion clinics
To the hope of a loving community
That cared for her and her child.
She spoke the truth to men and women of power,
Asking them how we could tell people not to kill one another
While allowing a mother to kill her own child.
Father, as we honor this humble and faithful woman,
We ask you to give us grace to follow her example.
May we be bold in word and generous in action
To love and save the unborn
And to awaken our world to know,
as Mother Teresa said,
That the greatest destroyer of love
and peace is abortion.
Fill us with love, bring us peace,
and let us share your life forever.
We pray through Christ our Lord.
- Fr. Frank Pavone
Short Pro-Life Statements
What if you have only a short time to make a case for the pro-life position? Here are a few statements that can help:
1) If the unborn is growing, it must be alive. If it has human parents, it must be human. And living humans like you and I are valuable.
2) If you don't know if the unborn is alive, then why take the risk by having an abortion? If it's not alive, then why is an abortion necessary?
3) The heart of the unborn begins to beat at three weeks and the brain begins to function at six weeks.
4) The unborn has the three characteristics of being alive: growth, metabolizing food for energy, and reacting to stimuli. Its DNA is distinctly human and also different from its human parents.
5) The Law of Biogenesis states that each living thing that reproduces creates its own kind. Obviously, human parents can only produce human offspring.
6) How can two humans create something that is not human but later becomes one?
7) We don't allow the killing of toddlers, so why should the killing of unborn humans be accepted?
Posted by Monte Harms
View Pictures below